THE BENEFITS OF STORING CORD TISSUE

Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs) are currently the best therapeutic cells for regenerative medicine related to osteoarticular, muscular, vascular and inflammatory diseases.

There are over 50 medical trials that are researching the use of Cord Tissue to treat diseases such as Asthma, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Type 1 Diabetes, Eczema, Hearing Loss, and many more.

At Maze, we are extremely excited by the major life-changing potential arising from this cord tissue research.

WHAT-IS-CORD-TISSUE

Cord Tissue Regions and Stem Cells

To maximize the chances of your baby’s cord tissue being useful in the future, Maze stores cord tissue from all relevant regions of the cord — Wharton’s jelly, both the perivascular and sub-amniotic regions, and the amniotic epithelium. Storing cells from all of the different regions in your baby’s cord, makes it more likely that the specific ones that may be useful to your child in the future, are available.

A 100% Genetic Match

Your baby is a 100% genetic match to his/her cord tissue stem cells 2.

We always recommend families save every baby’s stem cells to ensure they have a complete genetic match. There is a 25% chance a sibling could be a full match, a 50% chance a sibling will be a partial match, and a 25% chance a sibling won’t match at all. Biological parents will always be a partial match.

It is especially important for families of mixed ethnicities to store their baby’s stem cells 6. Studies show that it is more difficult for people of mixed ethnicities to find a stem cell match in a public bank.

Storing your baby’s cord tissue ensures that they will have MSCs that are a 100% match to them.

Storing Both Cord Blood and Cord Tissue Creates More Treatment Options

By storing both your baby’s cord blood (which is rich in Hematopoietic Stem Cells or HSCs) and cord tissue (which contains Mesenchymal Stem Cells or MSCs), you’re storing two types of stems cells that are a 100% match to your baby — one with the current potential, and one with the future potential, to treat a wide range of injuries or diseases. See the full list of treatments and clinical trials.

Clinical Trials for Cord Tissue
  • Alzheimer’s
  • Asthma
  • Autism
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Eczema
  • Hearing Loss
  • Heart Disease
  • Ischemic Stroke
  • Joint Injury
  • Lung Cancer
  • Multiple Sclerosis
  • Organ Growth / Transplants
  • Parkinson’s Disease
  • Rheumatoid Arthritis
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Type 1 Diabetes
  • Wounds, Burns, Ulcers

View entire list